NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY. AS EXPLAINED BELOW, THE RULES REQUIRE THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION IN THE UNITED STATES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS OR JURY TRIALS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Star Trek: Kobayashi Maru Presented by Star Trek Fleet Command Contest (the “Contest”) begins on Thursday, February 11th, 2021 at 12 a.m. ET and ends on Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 11:59pm ET (“Contest Period”). ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS. The Sponsor of this Contest is Scopley (“Sponsor”). The Administrator of this Contest is The Concept Studio, LLC (“Administrator”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Australia (except New South Wales), Canada (except Quebec), and the United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland), who are at least 13 years of age or older. Void in Quebec, New South Wales and Northern Ireland, and where prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and participating promotion and advertising agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Contest and their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Immediate Family and Household Members (defined below) of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Contest, “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses. Subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest you must visit kobayashimaru.com or Facebook connect. You must have a valid Facebook account to enter. Following the instructions to enter the Contest and provide all requested information to play Scopely Star Trek: Kobayashi Maru Presented by Star Trek Fleet Command (the “Game”). Entrants will assume the role of a star fleet cadet and choose correct paths based on Star Trek knowledge in order to complete the Game. The entrants with the three fastest Game completion times will be the winners, subject to validation. Limit one (1) entry per person.
- WINNER SELECTION/VALIDATION: The three (3) Eligible Entries by the end of the Contest Period with the fastest Game completion time will be declared the winners – Fastest time will be the 1st Prize Winner; second fastest time will be the 2nd Prize Winner; third fastest time will be the 3rd Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, winner(s) will be determined based upon the first Eligible Entry to attain his/her score. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Contest Period and/or the right to select fewer than the stated number of winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of Eligible Entries. Winner will be notified via email in or about 5 days after the end of the Contest Period.
Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and prize/publicity release within three (3) business days. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after reasonable effort has been exerted (response within three (3) days of receipt of initial notification), he or she is found to be ineligible at any point during the administration of the Contest, he or she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules or the Sponsor’s or Administrator’s instructions, or if his or her prize, prize notification, or other Contest-related correspondence is faulty, rejected, or returned as undeliverable, that Winner may be disqualified without notification and an alternate Winner, or runner up, may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Only three (3) alternate Winners will be contacted, after which a prize will remain un-awarded. A potential Winner (or any alternate potential winner if one must be selected) is not official and will not be confirmed until he/she has completed, signed and returned any documentation which may be required by Sponsor, including, but not limited to, a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, release of liability, publicity release form, and a completed IRS W-9 form (the “Contest Documents”), and the eligibility of the potential winner has been verified. If a Winner fails to sign and return the aforementioned required documents or provide any other requested information within the required time period including a valid mailing address (P.O. Boxes not permitted), the potential Winner forfeits his/her prize. Contest submissions are subject to validation by the Administrator. By taking part in this Contest you agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are final and binding on all aspects of the Contest.
- PRIZES: One (1) 1st Prize: Paramount+ Lifetime Subscription (ARV: $1,800) and Star Trek: The Original Series Captain Kirk Green Wrap – Season One (ARV: $2,500). (Paramount+ Subscription is calculated based on annual membership price multiplied by thirty (30) years, taxes may apply). Certain terms and restrictions apply on Prize. If 1st Prize Winner does not have access to Paramount+ Lifetime Subscription sponsor reserves the right to provide an alternate prize of cash value of Paramount+ Subscription: US$1,800.00. (TOTAL ARV: $4,300)
One (1) 2nd Prize: Eaglemoss Ship Collectables Package $500 and Captain Kirk Standee (ARV: $38.95) and a Personalized Captain’s Assignment Letter U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (ARV: $32.95) (TOTAL ARV: $571.95)
One (1) 3rd Prize: $200 Star Trek Shop Gift Card (ARV $200) and a Star Trek Starfleet Academy Personalized Certificate (ARV: $32.95) (TOTAL ARV: $232.95)
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prizes are non transferable. All income and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of any Prize or any portion of the Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any of its components with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize or any of its components become unavailable or for any other reason needs to be exchanged. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The 1st Prize subscription is defined as thirty (30) consecutive years. The 1st Prize subscription will be awarded as follows: the Winner will receive an annual subscription pass each February for up to the next thirty (30) years (commencing on or around February 25, 2021 and ending in February 25, 2051, depending on time of activation). ViacomCBS Consumer Products reserves the right to assign the 1st Prize to a third-party disbursement agent who may assume all responsibilities for the delivery of the annual subscription for all subsequent years to the Winner. Prize is not transferable to a third party and expires upon death of Winner (for the purpose of clarity the Prize is not transferable or assignable upon Winner’s death). Any difference in actual value of Prize package (due to death of Winner or otherwise) versus the total potential value as stated in these rules will not be awarded. In the event the All Access product is discontinued, ViacomCBS Consumer Products reserves the right to issue to the Winner the balance of the value of the unused Prize in cash (to be issued in the form of a check). In the event of a check being issued for the remainder of the prize due to its discontinuance, Winner may be issued a 1099 for that calendar year for the remaining balance. It is solely the responsibility of the Winner to notify ViacomCBS Consumer Products (or its agent) in writing of any change of email address and/or physical address to facilitate the award of the Prize. If ViacomCBS Consumer Products and/or its agent is unable to contact the Winner for any reason, or if any mail (postal or electronic) is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address, the portion of the Prize for that year and subsequent years will be forfeited. Winner must agree to the terms and conditions of the ViacomCBS Consumer Products All Access Limited Commercials product and is subject to disqualification for violation of such subscription terms and conditions. If Winner violates the terms and conditions of the subscription and/or product, Winner would forfeit any remaining time left on the Prize subscription. Limit one prize per household.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any Contest prize that you may be awarded, you agree that Sponsor, The Concept Studio, LLC, ViacomCBS Consumer Products, Facebook, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, units and divisions; and their advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies’ and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Entities”) shall not be liable for any and all actions, claims, including any third-party claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, arising from or relating to this Contest, including entry and participation in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree to fully indemnify each Released Entity from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. Entrants authorize the Sponsor and its agents to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Entities shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or submissions, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation in this Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize; (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest; (vi) potential winner’s inability to attend trip (vii) any postponement or cancellation of game. Released Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any phone or other electronic device resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel, suspend or terminate the Contest in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. If the Contest or a particular portion thereof is canceled or terminated before the designated Contest Period end date for any reason, Sponsor may (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
For Canadian Entrants: Any information provided by Canadian residents will be used solely to administer the Sweepstakes.
- GOVERNING LAW: All U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Released Entities in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with California (USA) law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws.
- SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Scopely Inc., 3530 Hayden Avenue, Culver City, CA 90232.
- ADMINISTRATOR: This Contest is administered by The Concept Studio, LLC, 606 Post Road East #693, Westport, CT 06880.
- WINNERS’ LIST: To request a copy of the Winners’ List send a self-addressed stamped return envelope to Scopely Star Trek: Kobayashi Maru Presented by Star Trek Fleet CommandContest Winners, 606 Post Road East #693, Westport, CT 06880.
This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook. All information provided is to Sponsor, not Facebook.
END OF OFFICIAL RULES